debnance

debnance

Money Secrets of the Amish

Money Secrets of the Amish: Finding True Abundance in Simplicity, Sharing, and Saving - Lorilee Craker There are those who might say that I’m a bit of an Amish person. I like simplicity. And I’m always careful with money. So I guess it is not surprising that I loved this book. It’s chockfull of great ideas about how to have a happy life without spending a lot of money. These are the ideas I was taught by my frugal parents. These are the ideas I have lived all fifty-four years of my life. These are ideas that large groups of Amish people have lived all their lives. We know these ideas work. I delighted in this book. And I have, since I finished it, been contemplating to whom I should pass this book on. In this tight economic climate, there are a zillion people I know personally who don’t seem to be aware of the basic tenets of this book. But would it be an easy sell? Would I hand a person this book and all their money troubles would disappear? I am not sure. I’m not sure how many people would love becoming Amish as much as I would. And that would be a deal-breaker.There my copy of this book sits. Perhaps I can simply post this review and some of those in financial difficulties will seek out this book. Perhaps some will try some of these ideas and some will use them. I’d say one more time, We know these ideas work. If they are used….Thank you to the publisher for sending me this copy to read and review.