debnance

debnance

The World According to Mister Rogers: Important Things to Remember

The World According to Mister Rogers - Fred Rogers Favorite Quote: "What matters isn't how a person's innerlife finally puts together the alphabet and numbers of his outerlife. What really matters is whether he uses the alphabet for thedeclaration of a war or the description of a sunrise---his numbersfor the final count at Buchenwald or the specifics of a brand-newbridge.""Love is like infinity. You can't have more or less infinity, and youcan't compare two things to see if they're 'equally infinite.'Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.""I hope you're proud of yourself for the times you've said 'yes,'when all it meant was extra work for you and was seemingly helpfulonly to somebody else.""A high school student wrote to ask" 'What wasthe greatest event in American history?' I can't say. However, Isuspect that like so many 'great' events, it was something verysimple and very quiet with little or no fanfare....""One of my wise teachers, Dr. William F. Orr, told me, 'There is onlyone thing evil cannot stand and that is forgiveness.'"